The U.S. National Paralympic Shooting Team has the chance to add up to eight country quotas at the 2021 World Shooting Para Sport (WSPS) World Cup, scheduled for June 13–18 in Lima, Peru. In addition, WSPS World Cup Lima marks the final opportunity for athletes to register scores that will help determine the U.S. Paralympic team roster headed to Tokyo later this month.
Four U.S. Paralympic athletes have earned quotas so far—Xiao Gong, McKenna Geer, Taylor Farmer and John Joss. The maximum number of quota spots for the Tokyo Paralympic Games per country is 12.
All 11 members of the U.S. National Paralympic Shooting Team will compete in Peru. In addition to the four shooters who already earned quotas, Jazmin Almlie, Stetson Bardfield, Robert Beach, Marco De La Rosa, Tricia Downing, Kevin Nguyen and Mike Tagliapietra will attend WSPS World Cup Lima.
Listed below are the International Paralympic Shooting events. (* denotes currently held U.S. quotas.)
- R1- Men’s 10-meter Air Rifle Standing SH1
- R2- Women’s 10-meter Air Rifle Standing SH1
- R3- Mixed 10-meter Air Rifle Prone SH1*
- R4- Mixed 10-meter Air Rifle Standing SH2*
- R5- Mixed 10-meter Air Rifle Prone SH2
- R6- Mixed 50m Free Rifle Prone SH1*
- R7- Men’s 50-meter Free Rifle 3×40 SH1
- R8- Women’s 50-meter Sport Rifle 3×20 SH1
- P1- Men’s 10-meter Air Pistol SH1
- P2- Women’s 10-meter Air Pistol SH1
- P3- Mixed 25-meter Sport Pistol SH1*
- P4- Mixed 50-meter Free Pistol SH1
Learn more at usashooting.org.